Driving Directions - Ullapool to Old Dorney Harbour
1. To get to Achiltibuie from Ullapool take the A835 North towards Ardmair and Lochinver.
Continue along this road until you reach the Drumrunie junction where there is a signpost to Achiltibuie on your left.
2. From here you are on a single track road which has many passing spaces and passes below Stac Pollaidh. This road is 15 miles but must be negotiated carefully.
3. The road comes to a T-junction at Achnahaird beach where you turn right.
4. Follow this road for about 3 miles until you are very close to an inland loch on the left hand side of the road - which is quickly followed by another loch on the right hand side of the road. Take the junction to the right (situated between these two lochs) and follow this signposted road down to Old Dorney harbour.
5. After about 200 metres you will see Old Dornie harbour spread out beneath you.
Driving Directions - Inverness to Ullapool
Driving directions to Ullapool
56.8 mi – about 1 hour 19 mins
1. Inverness is located on the A9 heading north from Perth and the Central Belt
2. Instead of turning left at the Longman roundabout into Inverness continue north over the Suspension bridge heading to A835/Dingwall/Cromarty/Wick/Ullapool 5.9 miles
3. At the next roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto A835 heading to A862/Ullapool/Dingwall
4. Continue on to Ullapool 49.0 miles
Flights to Inverness Airport 01667 464000
The following airlines fly to Inverness:
Flybe (from London, Gatwick) 0871 7000535; Eastern Airways (from Manchester; Birmingham; Leeds) 0870 3669100
Easyjet (from London, Gatwick; Luton; Bristol) 0871 2442366; Ryanair (from Liverpool) 0871 2460000
Trains direct to Inverness from most UK cities (including sleeper from London, Euston)
for timetable and fare information contact National Rail Enquiry Service (24hr) 08457 484950
if you are travelling from a town or city within Scotland contact Scotrail 08457 550033
Buses Inverness bus station (next to the railway station) 01463 233371
Rapsons (01463 710555) and Citylink (08705 505050) run Monday to Saturday services from Inverness to Ullapool
Ferries links to the outer and inner Hebrides with crossings Monday to Saturday from Ullapool to Stornoway on the Isle of Lewis; contact Caledonian MacBrayne booking office 01463 717680/Ullapool office 01854 612358